Job Opening - Resource Conservation Planner
Click Here for Downloadable .PDF
RESOURCE CONSERVATION PLANNER JOB DESCRIPTION
This is a full-time position with the San Juan Islands Conservation District. The successful applicant must have a strong work ethic and desire to be part of a cohesive team of passionate individuals in a rewarding work environment. Work will be performed in both an office setting and in rural forest and farm settings. Local travel and occasional evening and weekend hours are possible.
The duties of this position will include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Providing technical assistance to farm and forest land managers.
* Writing natural resource conservation plans for farms and forests.
* Conducting outreach and education presentations, coordinating workshops, and participating in public meetings.
* Performing resource inventories and evaluations, conducting soil testing and analysis, and monitoring conservation practices following implementation.
* Assisting with the preparation of grant proposals, budgets, and reports for district projects and programs.
* Providing exceptional customer service.
* Excellent communication and writing skills.
* Computer and software proficiency (word, excel, powerpoint)
* Ability to work independently and be a team player; physically perform the tasks of the job; complete tasks on-time and within budget; and maintain confidentiality.
* Experience and education (BA or BS) in natural sciences, agriculture, forestry, natural resource management, or closely related field.
* NRCS Planner Certification.
* Understanding of Growth Management Act and critical areas protection.
* Grant management experience.
* Familiarity with San Juan Islands’ natural resources and local agriculture.
* Experience in Farm Resource and Forest Resource management
* Experience with GIS mapping technology and software.
* Masters or PhD in natural sciences, agriculture, forestry, natural resource management, or equivalent experience in these areas.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: $44,000 – $52,000 DOQ The San Juan Islands Conservation District provides holiday, sick, and vacation leave; medical, dental, vision and life insurance; and retirement benefits. Regular professional development opportunities are offered and strongly encouraged.
TO APPLY: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. Application review begins on 11/27/2017.